The Youth Agency for Development of Science Technology & Innovation (YADSTI) is participating in the 2nd Ministerial Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa that is currently underway in Rabat, Morocco. Hosted by the Government of Morocco and organized by the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Government of Finland, the Forum aims at engaging African Ministers in charge of Higher Education, Science and Technology as well as
Industry in a dialogue with the private sector, academia, diaspora, civil society and scientific communities globally on how to promote inclusive and green growth through scientific and technological innovation in Africa.
The Forum follows the 1st Ministerial Conference for Science, Technology and Innovation hosted by the Government of Kenya In 2012, and focuses on the following key sectors of Science, Technology & Innovation: Water Resources Management, Energy and Green Growth, Agriculture and Food Security, Natural Resources, Climate Change, Youth, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Education and Health.
The five broad objectives of the Forum are:
- Assessing the current state of STI in Africa;
- Showcasing global best practices and innovations in Water, Energy, Natural Resources, Education, Health, Agriculture, and Climate Change;
- Making informed choices about applications of ICT to improve development effectiveness;
- Developing skills (especially in STEM, teaching / reading and math), & job creation;
- Building strategic partnerships to move the STI agenda forward.
Joining the Kenyan delegation to Rabat led by the Cabinet Secretary for Education, Science and Technology, Professor Jacob T. Kaimenyi, the YADSTI Executive Director, Caleb Kiprono Metto is participating in the Forum as a Speaker.