Job title: Accounts Assistant
Reference Number: DOR/001/AA/2014
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Purpose of the Position
The holder of this position will be required to assist in the day to day accounting and financial activities of the Agency and offer support on implementation of its accounting policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining and controlling petty cash.
- Running day to day bank errands.
- Ensuring proper filing of all financial reports and support documentation for all cash and disbursements is well done.
- Receiving and verifying payment claims and supporting documents, code all expenses, prepare payments for suppliers and process any tax due to the Government.
- Processing payroll and promptly submitting all payroll statutory deductions and other tax returns due to the relevant authorities.
- Assisting in posting of data into the accounting software.
- Generating accurate, useful and timely financial reports and statements for information and decision making.
- Facilitating audits.
- Maintaining the asset / inventory register and ensure that the Agency’s assets and resources are in good condition.
- Tracking and recording supply of materials procured.
- Assisting with the preparation of the project budgets.
- Reconciling bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Investigating prices and collecting bids for purchase of office equipment and supplies.
- Disbursing funds by preparing and issuing cheques for authorized signatures.
- Assisting with the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies.
- Ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures on all financial and accounting transactions.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Finance Manager.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Minimum CPA (K).
- Graduates in Accounting, Business Administration and / or Commerce will have an added advantage but this is not a strict requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software.
- Good Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- This position does not require someone to have prior work experience but must possess the skills described above.
Personal Qualities & Behavioural Attributes
- Good character standing.
- A Self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
- Aptitude for working with numbers and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested and Qualified individuals should send their curriculum vitae (CV) strictly in soft copy through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th January 2014, and should quote the reference number in the subject of the email.
The CV should not exceed two (2) pages and should be in Arial Font Size 11.
N.B: YADSTI reserves the right to contact applicants for interviews.